Monday, May 21, 2012

WE ARE READY!!!!!

38 weeks pregnant and we are so ready to meet our little Oliver! This week we finally finished the baby's room, hopefully this doesn't seem like a brag session but I'm not going to lie I think it looks pretty good considering this was my first time sewing baby bedding and all. The only thing we have left to do is pack the hospital bag and install the car seat :) Here are some pics of Oliver's room, I may have gotten a little carried away with the pictures!!!!

Little Oliver's room


The other side of his room.  The lamp shade on the dresser, I covered myself :)
Aaron and I for FHE one night thought it would be fun to finger paint some pictures for Oliver.  Aaron painted the one on the left with the turtles and I painted the one on the right with the crabs.  I also painted the frames. 

Oliver's crib.  I made the pillows, quilt, sheet and the bed skirt.  The hardest thing to make was the sheet, using elastic not a good idea!!!!

I made these little pillows and decided to put some stuffed animals with them (don't worry all of these little things will not be in the crib while Oliver is sleeping).  The bunny Aaron bought for me while we were in London when we were dating :)

This rocking chair my mother used with all of us girls.  I made the pillows on the chair.  I wanted to hang up some book shelves getting the idea from my sister Staci.  Aaron made the book shelves and I painted them blue.  The good thing about being a teacher I already had a great selection of children's books.  I also made the valance above the window.

My very fisrt quilt I made all by myself! I am pretty proud of it I must say.  I put it together and then using my mother-in-laws tin lizzy I quilted it and then I binded it.

5 comments:

  1. It looks so good Danielle! And the fact that you made a bunch of it makes it even more special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. If I have kids, you are decorating his room! Well done, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy. I'm sad we won't be here to see him when he finally arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks amazing! Wow! Oliver is going to love his new pad! I can't wait to see the room in person! Come on out Oliver!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the room so much! You did such a great job with all the bedding. I can't wait to meet this guy!

    ReplyDelete